English മലയാളം

Blog

amit shah

Web Desk

In an effort to check the spread of COVID-19 in the Delhi, every house will be screened by July 6.
The national capital has the second highest number of coronavirus cases in the country; on Tuesday, it recorded the biggest single-day jump of 3,947 new infections, the highest reported by any state so far.
All houses in the containment zones will be screened by June 30, the Delhi government has said, under the new COVID response plan released after a series of meetings between Union Home Minister Amit Shah and the Chief Minister over the last week. With nearly 62,000 coronavirus cases, Delhi has 261 containment zones. Surveillance and contact tracing will be strengthened in these neighborhoods that have been sealed to break the chain of transmission.
Delhi overtook Tamil Nadu on Sunday as the second worst-hit state by the pandemic after Maharashtra. More than 2,000 deaths linked to COVID-19 have been reported so far. A strict monitoring plan will now be implemented at district-level as per the revised strategy. The COVID-19 task forces in districts will have the district commissioner of police, civic body officials, epidemiologists from the MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi), and IT professionals to monitor Aarogya Setu app, used by the government for contact-tracing.
It shall be ensured that Aarogya Setu app is downloaded by all, especially in the worst-affected neighborhoods, the state government said.
In containment zones, movement will be restricted by police by use of CCTV cameras and and the government is preparing to step up efforts for “testing and isolation”. “Rapid antigen testing will be done in such areas as per the guidelines of the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research),” according to the revised guidelines.
The state task force will be headed by the Chief Minister.
Across India, the coronavirus tally has soared to 4.4 lakh infections.


Leave a Reply