English മലയാളം

Blog

India China

Web Desk
India and China have reached a mutual consensus to disengage in the Eastern Ladakh sector after a 10-hour long Corps Commander level talks on June 23. The discussions were conducted in a “cordial, positive and constructive atmosphere” and there was a mutual consensus to disengage with modalities for disengagement from all friction areas in Eastern Ladakh and that they will be taken forward by both sides, reports said.
The meeting had started at around 11.30 am on June 22 at Moldo Chinese side of Actual Control ( LAC) opposite Chushul to defuse the tensions in the Eastern Ladakh centre due to Chinese military build-up.
This was the second meeting between the two corps commanders. They had met on June 6 and had disagreed to disengage at multiple locations. India had asked the Chinese side to return to pre-May 4 military positions along the LAC. The Chinese side had not given any response to the specific Indian proposal and not even shown the intent to withdraw the troops.
India and China have been involved in talks to ease the ongoing border tensions since last month. However, On June 15, 20 soldiers were killed in the line of duty and 76 were injured in a deadly clash that broke out over the Chinese refusing to remove a tent as part of what was agreed on June 6. It became one of the worst –ever confrontation between India and China since 1967.
Indian soldiers were assaulted with crude and barbaric weapons used by the Chinese troops, including nail-studded clubs, spiked rods and stones. Army sources said 45 Chinese soldiers were killed or injured in the brawl along Galwan River. During military talks held at Galwan after the clash, the Chinese army admitted that their commanding officer was killed – the first admission by China of any casualty.


Leave a Reply