A scorpion stung a passenger on board an Air India flight that was on its way from Nagpur to Mumbai, according to reports.
The airline confirmed the incident that took place on April 23 adding that the passenger was administered treatment and is now out of danger. While there are instances of live birds and rats being found on board, this is a rare instance for a passenger to be stung by a scorpion, according to a news agency.
An Air India spokesperson was reported to have said that there was an extremely rare and unfortunate incident involving a scorpion stinging a passenger on board our flight AI 630 on April 23, 2023. The female passenger was immediately administered medical treatment and rushed to the hospital soon after the plane landed.
The passenger was attended to by the doctor at the airport and treated at the hospital and discharged. Air India officials accompanied the passenger to the hospital and offered all support to the passenger till discharge.